A few necessary reminders for making sure everyone is following the guidelines that we have set up at the Hut with respect to COVID. Keep in mind that the rules we have in place are required in order for you to participate in group classes- regardless of what your own perspective or opinion is regarding COVID.
- Wear a mask on the way IN and OUT of Yard as well as when entering your workout space. You may remove your mask once you are in your own workout space.
- Do not enter another person’s workout space. If you need a piece of equipment that is outside of your space- please let the coach know and they will get it for you.
- Enter the big room from the sliding door, and the small room from the front door.
- Members of the same household may be asked to occupy a common space- it is up to you if you want to do so.
- Please spend the final 10 minutes before the top of the hour to clean your equipment. Spray, then wipe, and then put back in place. Coaches should not have to organize your equipment once you are done cleaning. Thanks very much.
- Of course, it goes without saying at this point, but we will state it just to be thorough: wash your hands, and do NOT attend classes if you are sick. Cold, flu, etc. Just say No
Tuesday’s WOD at 7 and 9am, again at 4 and 5pm
12 minutes of Split Jerk technique work
15-12-9-6-3 reps for time:
Push Press (70/50kg)
Record jerk loading AND time, load, and scaling
The goal today is to get in dedicated split jerk practice at light to moderate loading. We will be working with sets of 5 throughout all 12 minutes of practice and we will go from the rack. Focus on footwork as well as speed under the bar. The loading is secondary today! Then, you’ll get to continue going overhead with a less technical press – the push press. Find a load that allows the set of 15 and 12 to go with 1 break maximum and then remember to lay flat on your back (shoulders, glutes, and calves touching) for each and every back burpee – no rolling!