Bring your rope-climb gear that keeps you free from friction burns AND/OR develop the strength and coordination necessary to do your rope climbs without any help with the legs. Yes, Legless Rope Climbs! Get some tips and plenty of practice today.
I have heard a few athletes at the Hut talk about various attendance goals they have made for the month or the year or even just for a given “cycle.” Here are some that I will share:
- I am going to attend 100 CrossFit classes in 2019 (she made it to 91 I believe)
- I will attend every Olympic weightlifting specialty class
- My goal is to start off 2020 by coming to 20 CF classes before February 20th.
- I have committed to averaging 3 days per week
- At least one strength/heavy day/week is something I have made my goal this year
Of course, these are not performance based in nature- but I am sure you do understand the power of just committing to show up on a given day and THEN you get inspired, motivated (or pushed!) into getting in a great training session. At least Woody Allen has said, “Showing up is 80 percent of life “… the quote goes on to say, “sometimes it’s easier to hide home in bed. I’ve done both.” You didn’t know how much YOU had in common with Woody Allen did you!? So make it a point to have some type of guideline for getting in your sessions… and then work hard! See you on the ropes today.
Wednesday’s WOD at 6, 7, 9am and again at 4 and 6pm
Five rounds NOT for time of:
2 legless, seated rope climbs
10 strict toes to bar
15 strict and slow butterfly sit ups
Post emoji that reflects your effort level
Wednesday 5pm Open Training Hour