As many CrossFit Malibuites head out of town for the holidays… I encourage everyone to drop in to a CrossFit gym as a guest and take a class. We have a few athletes from other gyms who have already contacted us- so we will have some visitors with us on Friday and Saturday. Here are a few things I hope that you do to make you experience (and the home gym’s experience) as positive as possible. Another way to say it: here is what I expect from drop-in athletes when they visit us:
- Check with their website to find out the policy on drop-ins. Sometimes gyms do not allow them… usually they do and usually they give you info on their site.
- Follow the directions they give you for how to drop-in… really, follow the directions. Read what our website says about dropping in at the Hut.
- Show up EARLY to find parking, fill out a waiver, and to pay.
- Introduce yourself to the coach teaching the class as well as anyone getting ready to begin the class with you
- If the workout is already posted- and you have any injuries or concerns about your ability to do any of the movements- let the coach know.
- Be coachable and willing to try out suggestions that they have for scaling, modifying, or altering the workout. But ultimately know that YOU have to do what YOU think is right for you regarding the type and volume of work in the workout.
- Clean up after yourself… this might take asking about the process.
- Email and/or talk to me about your experience… most of our athletes find that going to other gyms is fun AND is a learning opportunity that makes them feel more confident to do it again.
Wednesday’s WOD at 7 and 9am and again at 4 and 6pm
Three rounds for time of:
15 pull ups
15 pull ups
Post time and scaling to journals/chalkboard
Wednesday 5pm slot is run as an Open Training Hour this we