Holidays are coming up as the year comes to an end. One of my favorite parts about the holidays (besides all the delicious food) is opportunity for adventure! The time off allows us to do things with a little extra time off that a normal weekend would not allow for. It also allows us to see and be with people/family that we don’t normally see.
I want to take THIS opportunity on the blog tonight to encourage you to DECIDE that you will DO something over the holidays. To USE your fitness that you gain each and everyday that you are in the gym. Here are some Ideas!
1. Topanga Turkey Trot, 5, 10 or 15k to choose front on Thanksgiving morning- sign up!
2. Morning Hike with all the family
3. One night in the wilderness (camp)
4. Find some snow and sled down it
5. Lead your family through a WOD
->7 minute AMRAP 5 sit to stand (squat!) 7 ground to standing (burpee!) 9 walking lunges
6. Jump in the ocean- yes, it’s COLD… and it’s good for you!
1. Ski/Snowboard trip
2. Find snow and sled down it
3. Ice skating
4. Sleep outside
5. Leave the State
6. Do a WOD at another gym
7. Hike a new spot
8. Go rock climbing
9. Get in the ocean (Malibu winter style)
10. Try a new sport (With the fam)
11. Go for a bike ride or roller blade on Old Malibu Rd.
12. Eat at Malibu Farm on the Pier
13. Go cosmic bowling
14. CrossFit Malibu Holiday party on Sunday Dec 6th from 3-6pm
There will be a designated area on the chalkboard at the Hut this coming week where you can write down what you are already planning to do or want to write down to give you the motivation to do it! We are a strong community, let’s show family and friends that it is a way of life and not just an exercise routine. ~Kolby
Friday’s WOD at 7 and 9am and again at 3 and 5pm
Midday Open Training Hour
Front squat, 15 reps (70/55kg- from the ground)
Front squat, 12 reps
Front squat, 9 reps
Post load and time to chalkboard/journals.