Final Summer BINGO category : At the Hut
- Training time change– switch up the time that you train. Never been to an early morning WOD? Wonder what it’s like to come to a night class or 6pm strength session? Do you always stick to the weekdays and miss out on the Saturday morning classes? Over the course of the game- attend 2 class times that you have never been to before. Post a picture of you with at least one new training partner in your class and state the time/day you attended.
- Update Whiteboard PR Data– every athlete’s name at CrossFit Malibu is listed on the whiteboard. The idea is to keep a running record of all personal bests across all categories. Add and/or update at least 8 numbers on the board & post a list of the activities you added. Accomplish this in 3 different ways:
- go through your journal and find data from past work and write it on the board, fill in all those missing gaps.
- look up the activities you have missing and get them done- that might mean doing it on your own (like the swim) or doing it when it comes up in a WOD at the Hut.
- set new PRs! Take note of past records before doing WODs each day and do better than last time… and change the numbers!
- Set new PRs– BEFORE playing this game, make a list of 3 things you’d like to PR one from each of these categories. Keep in mind that the noon Open Gym time that begins in August is one great time to practice or attempt these!
- Gymnastics, skill or monostructural- set a new number of reps, faster time or heavier weight on things like max rep double unders, 500m row or 1 mile run, get a pistol or muscle ups.
- Weightlifting- set a new 1, 3, or 5 rep max on your squat, clean, etc.
- Met-con WOD- set a new PR on a WOD of your choice
Post the details/data of your PRs as they happen. Get all 3 and get credit!
- Show up!- attend a minimum of 4 training sessions each week for at least 3 weeks. Keep track of this in your journal- because you record your data, right? There are more 32 classes on the schedule each week- make it to 4!
Each time you get 4 or more days in a given week post a comment to the blog. When you do this 3 times, you get the credit.
- Work on your weaknesses– spend a minimum of 10 minutes before or after class. Write down ONE point of focus (squat mobility, front rack position, static pull up hang, bar dip strength, etc.) and get in TEN sessions of training. Set a timer and do it for 10 minutes. Keep track of this. Do it for a total of 100 minutes (at least 10 sessions of 10 min) then post a pic of you doing the movement.